Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Learning all the time...

Hey guys,
I hope this update finds you all well!
The DTS I'm staffing started just after my last post, and we're about a month in now. It's going really well so far! We have 5 girls and 5 guys from 5 different countries and they've been a really good group. The first 2 weeks of lectures were very intense and the students all dealt with deep stuff from the past. It was so good to see them come into freedom as God dealt with things that had been there for so long. Last week, we participated in a wilderness/survival-type camp for 5 days and God really spoke to all of us through that, as well as binding us together more as a team. Personally, God did a lot in my life last week, too. He really spoke to me about trusting him no matter what the situation looks like, as well as about hearing him, and so many other things. God is really cool! 
We're also planning our DTS outreach, which will be to India. (I probably told some of you that I'd be going to Kazakhstan. That was the plan, but God spoke to us some different things, and we have peace that this is what God wants. Kazakhstan may just be for later) We'll split into 2 teams, mine will stay in India and the other will spend some time in China as well. I'm really, really excited. I know this trip will be stretching and challenging, especially since I'll be helping lead the team, but I know that God will use us in really cool ways. We're currently in the process of finding contacts in India and raising funds for the trip as all students and staff need to raise all their own money. It's always an exciting time to see how God provides for these trips!
As a base, we're continuing to focus on ministering in the city. We all go and do various things in the city on Friday nights - everything from picking up trash, to talking to people, to supporting other ministries.  Last week, I started going out with Rahab, our base's ministry that works with those trapped in prostitution. We drive around and go to different brothels around the city, bring them gifts and talk to the girls. Some of the other girls who went out with us got the chance to pray with one of the working girls last week, which was so cool! I'm excited to keep working with this ministry.
Thank you so much, all of you, for your continued support. I do miss you all, and love hearing from home!
Check out the links to my photos, prayer requests, and financial needs, I'll post new information there, too.

God bless you all!

Caitlin

No comments: