Thursday, March 6, 2008

DTS

Hey all!
It's been a while, sorry I haven't kept in touch very well. I've been keeping busy with DTS prep, outreaches, life etc.

The DTS officially started yesterday, and it's off to a good start so far. We have 4 girls and 4 guys here right now, and another guy from NZ hopefully coming this week. It's been a bit of a shock to realize how much I actually have to do, and I feel like I know so little, but I am excited. I'm taking a leadership course also, so that I'm learning and doing at the same time. I keep getting words from God about stepping into leadership, so I'm really glad that I have these opportunities available - because I definitely have a lot to learn.

We've also narrowed down outreach locations for this group - we'll be sending out 2 teams, one to India and possibly Nepal, the other to Kazakhstan and possibly China. I am still praying about which team I'll be going on. That outreach will be in June and July. No matter where God wants me to be, I am really excited and I know it's going to be an amazing time!

We're continuing outreach into the city, as well, on Friday nights, and our team has had some really good conversations with people as well as covering the city in prayer. The first week we prayed in the city, one group found an abandoned building where there were obvious satanic rituals going on. They prayed over the building and the next week, the police had cleared it out and locked it up. Down the street from that building, there is a minister with a cafe where he does outreach, and he told us that since we've been praying and that building got cleaned out, he's seen several people come to the Lord and had spiritual breakthroughs in the area. It's amazing to see these things happening, and we're believing for more!

Thank you for your prayers and support, I hope that everything back in MN is well (and you're staying warm. Here, it's verging on 100 today!)
Check out the prayer request and financial need links for updates, as well!

God's blessings,
Caitlin

2 comments:

Anjreux said...

Way to be a blogger!

Lea said...
This comment has been removed by the author.