Thursday, May 15, 2008

Outreach

Hey all!
I wanted to give you all an update as to what my team will be doing for o
ur outreach that's coming up in just about a week now. 

Our DTS will be splitting up into 2 teams. I am staffing my team with 2 other girls, and we will have 5 students with us (pictured on the right). We will all (16 people) be traveling to Dehli, India together and spending 2 weeks there working together with a YWAM base that is also part of IHOP (International House of Prayer). I don't have a lot of details about what we'll be doing, but I know we'll be doing intercession, as well as serving the base there and encouraging the staff. 

Next, we'll split up  - my team will go to Chennai, India, and the other team will go to various places in China. In Chennai, we will work with a YWAM base (which
 is the same base that North Heights teams have been to). As far as I know, we'll work with a leper ministry, possibly an orphanage, and wherever else the base sets up for us. Our team has been trained in a few dances and dramas, so we will be able to use that as an outreach tool as well. 

We'll spend 3 weeks in Chennai, and then move onto Calcutta, where we'll meet the other team and work in different practical ways there. A lot of what we're doing is still being coordinated, and I'm sure we will have to be flexible and figure a lot of it out as we go. We are confident that God will be guiding us, though, and are going trusting that he will have us in his hands.

We are in our last weeks of lectures now, which will be outreach prep. We are all getting really excited for all that God has for us in India - we've been praying about it as leaders and as a team, and God has been showing us a lot about how he will use our teams to bless the people we come into contact with. I know that I am so excited to be able to do practical things to help people, and work with those who need God's love so much. I know that God will use us in really amazing ways.

I thank you all for your prayers... please keep our safety, unity, finances, and everything else in your prayers. Both teams are still in need of a lot of finances, but we are trusting God that he will provide! 

God bless you all! Check out the photo link on this page - I have some pics up from a conference we road-tripped to last week. I'll also update the financial and prayer info soon. 

Love you!
Cait
















No comments: