Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Adelaide!


Hey all
Well, I'm finally here! My friend Laura and I traveled together from MN, got stuck in San Francisco overnight because of snow delays out of MSP, but we made it here in one piece, and during the last couple days have been getting settled back into life here at the base.
We got here on a Friday, so had the weekend to relax and settle in. We had a goodbye dinner for our former leaders, 2 barbecues, watched some movies.

This week, we're starting preparations for the DTS. Laura and I as well as Anne, who was on my DTS, and Michelle, who was my staff, will be staffing in February. We've been sitting in on the lectures of the DTS that's going on right now and practicing dances and dramas with them. They're going on their outreach next week and we'll join them for a couple performances. Next week we'll take a course that's needed for us to be able to do assessments and small groups during the DTS. I've been talking to Fernanda about dance training for all the dance staff, and will be trying to find a good studio to go to for some good training. I'll also maybe help some of my friends with dance technique, since not many of the girls here have lots of technical experience. I am really looking forward to taking some classes again, it's been a really long time.
That's about it from me! I'm doing really well and I'm excited for all that's coming up. Some things to pray for:

- That I'd really be listening to God about the little tasks he has for me here
- For more students for the upcoming DTS, and for their visas
- Fernanda (the base director's wife) will be having her baby (Isabella) any day now. For their health and safety!

Thanks all of you for your support! I will keep you updated as the weeks go by!

Love you all
Caitlin

No comments: