Monday, January 21, 2008

It's all about the journey...

Hey there, loved ones.
The last few weeks here have been pretty full! Last week and the one before, starting Jan 7, seven of us here took a course in training and assessment. Basically, it's what we need to do so that the government allows us to staff the DTS, but it was a lot of good information. We learned a lot about leading small groups and mentoring - good stuff overall!

This week we've been learning some dances, which we will use for the DTS as well. We'll be practicing about 3 hours a day - I'll be teaching technique to the other girls, we'll be working on strengthening and also learning and creating dances. We'll also learn dramas that we can use for outreaches. We're helping some friends plan their wedding, too - a couple that met on DTS here last year will be getting married in the beginning of February.
I had been praying a lot that God would give me opportunities to get more involved in the community here and do more ministry outside of the base.

In other news, both of the Brazilian families here on base have had babies in the last month - Isabella and Nicholas were born 3 weeks apart and are both healthy and happy! It's really fun to be a part of these growing families' lives.

That's about it from me! I am so happy to be here right now, and I know it is exactly where God has me right now. I've been learning a lot and God has been cleaning some areas of my life, readying my heart for all that is to come. I'm really excited to see what he does!

Take a look at the links on the left hand side for financial info, prayer requests, and soon, photos!

Thanks so much for your prayers! Love you all

Caitlin

No comments: