Monday, October 29, 2007

Life

I'm down to a little more than a month before I leave - crazy! I'm still trying to figure everything out logistically. I have a ticket to Sydney booked, where Laura and I are going to meet and spend a couple days. Laura, one of my really good friends from DTS, is planning on coming back on staff, too, which I'm really excited about! I have ALMOST enough money to pay for my ticket, and I'm sure God will get it to me in the next couple days - I'm not too worried about it. He's already provided in some cool ways.

It's so weird thinking that I'll be gone soon, and that it'll be for so long. The other day I started thinking about not seeing my family for such a long time and I couldn't help but cry - it's going to be really hard. I knew that would be one of the hardest things, though, and way back on DTS, God had been speaking to me about putting them in his hands and not feeling like I'm letting them down by leaving. It's still hard. I have so much to do in a month, holy cow. I will hopefully get to go visit Lea in NY after Thanksgiving, I have to get my visa figured out, packing and buying necessary travel items...it's gonna be a crazy month!

Life's been good, I guess. It's still sometimes hard to get back into the swing of things and feel like I really belong here, probably because I won't be here much longer. My relationship with God, though, is good, and I feel like I've continued to grow while I've been home. I've gotten to the place where I just see his hand in so many new things, and it's really fun to have my eyes opened to how he's working, when before I would've just taken it for granted. God is really cool. I'm getting so excited to get back into ministry and meet new people and start dancing again! I think I'll realize I missed it more than I think I do.

well, that's where I'm at, just some random updates. If you could be praying that God continues to bring me provision (I know he will) for my visa and airfare, that would be great. The visa situation is a little sketchy and a lot of us are waiting to see what's going to happen. I'm sure God will work it out for us, though!
Thanks for your love and prayers!
Caitlin

No comments: